Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Man in the Mirror:

Sometimes all you have to do to find a hypocrite is to look in the mirror. I was reminded of this scripture from Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her."

My wife was displeased with me to say the least because I was neglecting some of my duties around the house. Here I was getting into a blog on Christian hypocrisy and I couldn't even take a break long enough to do the dishes in the sink.

Ten minutes to perform a simple thing like dish washing meant more to her than saying "I love you" or taking her out to dinner. Love is an action. It's a lesson I still have to learn. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to take out the trash!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't blogging great? I never knew how big a hypocrite I was until I started blogging. Now I have to try to live up to every word I type.

Peter Fegan said...

Annoying isn't it?