Sunday, September 11, 2005

IN REMEMBRANCE:

I had arrived to work that day around 8:30 and called my wife to say good morning. The call lasted maybe 5 minutes. About 15 minutes later one of my workers called out to me that the World Trade Center was on fire. I thought he was joking but I went with him to the break room, and there in front of our eyes was the north tower with a hole in it and smoke pouring out.

A few minutes went by with all of us watching when we thought we saw what looked like another aircraft circling around the tower. Our view of the south tower was obscured by the north. An explosion ensued. At first we thought that it was the north tower, but we soon realized what had happened. The plane we had seen circling around had actually hit the south tower. It was deliberate. We were under attack.

What we saw during the next few hours changed our lives forever. I will never forget the horror of that day, as shock turned to rage and rage turned to grief.

This morning I watched some of the memorial at the Trade Center Site. It was very emotional and sad. My prayers continue to be with those families whose lives were shattered by the violence of that day. I pray that God's mercy may be with them and that they will finally have peace of mind.

No comments: