Tuesday, February 14, 2006

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY!

It's been a while since I've blogged in. It's good to be back. I had decided to take off the last seven weeks because I felt that this blog was not proceeding in a direction that was God-inspiring. Instead, most of the last few blogs, while certainly entertaining and passionate, were nonetheless deteriorating into spewing; hardly the stuff of a concerned Christian.

So if nothing else I promise to give special care that any and all future blogs be as close to what God's desire is. I still feel strongly about my political views - don't expect that to change - but it's my heart that needs to get in line with my head. Conviction is good, but without love it is nothing more than condemnation, and the Lord knows there is plenty of that going around these days. Compassion is another one of the things I have found sorely lacking from Washington. It is essential I embody that characteristic in my writing. I cannot ask something of somebody I am not willing to embrace myself. Otherwise the only hypocrite is ME!

So there you have it. A pledge, call it a late new year's resolution if you will, to start over. One of the benefits of being a Christian is I get to confess and start anew. May tomorrow bring new truth to all of us.

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peter, I'm excited to hear about the direction you feel called to. It's funny how our passion against hypocrisy and judgmentalism can lead us into the same errors ourselves.
Kudos to you for recognizing the need for a new start!

Anonymous said...

Yes, a good New Year's resolution for all of us to keep in mind. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

what they said! :o)